Since we last left off, my foolish self routinely used solely coconut oil (a known pore-clogger) on my face as a moisturizer. Granted, it was the only ingredient that didn’t feel like a thousand knives on my skin (I had a few bad incidents with over exfoliating).
Over the past eight months, I’ve developed a skin care routine that works for me, is relatively easy, and keeps my acne-prone skin as clear as it can be.
1. Coconut Oil – Gets the award for ‘Most Gentle Makeup Remover I’ve Ever Used’ (wipe off with toilet paper or wash cloth).
2. Lush Dark Angels Facial Cleanser– Gets all the coconut oil remnants off.
3. Lush Smuggler’s Soul Multipurpose Scrub – Gets any left over Dark Angels off, buffs skin, kind of harsh- usually focus on nose/T-zone.4. Lush Tea Tree Water Toner– Spritz on cotton ball and wipe whole face (takes three-ish cotton balls), leaves a squeaky clean face for acne medication application.
5. Epiduo/Tea Tree Oil – I use Epiduo (you need a prescription to get it :/, but Neutrogena On-The-Spot Treatment works just as well) on more cystic acne and use straight tea tree oil on any other pimples (I KNOW straight Tea Tree Oil is bad for your skin but I use half of a drop MAX on my whole face and it works for me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
6. Lush Full of Grace Serum– Let Epiduo dry or Tea Tree Oil set in before applying this all over the face and rubbing in with clean hands.
And then I go to sleep.
I know the whole “I Just Drink Lots of Water” to cure acne is annoying to hear if you have chronic acne (trust me, I know) but if you’re dedicating yourself to a detailed skincare regimen and don’t stay hydrated, you’re doing yourself a disservice.
I hoped this helped and as always, feel free to message me with any comments or questions, I would love to hear from you.