Yes, pins and patches are everywhere. They are so popular that brands like Zara are stealing designs from small artists so they (huge, expensive-lawyer-backed companies) can make insane profit. I’m no saint but that’s just shitty. So I thought, why not scour the virtual racks of Etsy for some local (“local” in the sense that these pins are handmade by actual artists and not massive, fast-fashion corporations) artist’s unique pins and patches? and I did.
Here are some of the coolest pins and patches that I found (pins AND patches so you can mix those textures, you know, trendy).
Moth Enamel Pin // Etsy Store: juliakiss // $11.56
Be Kind Patch // Etsy Store: FrogandToadPress // $5.00
Save the Bees Pinback Button // Etsy Store; TheHolyQuail // $2.50
Lizzie McGuire Soft Enamel Pin // Etsy Store: Heartificial // $6.50 (ONLY ONE AVAILABLE)
Enamel Pin: Bath Tub with melting bath bomb // Etsy Store: LastCraft // $11.00
I Ain’t Sorry Banner Beyonce Gold Black Soft Enamel Pin // Etsy Store: lilboatboutique // $10.00
Rainbow Pastel Gem Stone Enamel Pin // Etsy Store: fairycakes // $9.52 (Okay, is it just me or does this look like the dragon scale from Dragon Tales?)
Purple Rose Pin // Etsy Store: HerosforHireco // $12.00
Jar Full of Stars // Etsy Store: Midnight Mauve // $11.56
Manchester Worker Bee Enamel Pin // Etsy Store: TheManchesterBee // $8.16
Because everyone needs to start the new year with a new outfit.
To be honest, I got these clothes for Christmas but I was struggling with a post-holiday food baby so I didn’t take these pictures until yesterday. That being said, my New Year’s Resolution was actually to exercise. I know, exercise. Crazy, right? Also, this outfit isn’t necessarily the BEST for January, but I sorta-maybe-kinda bought it when the entire East Coast was 80 degrees in DECEMBER… regardless, I love this skirt and I originally had a paired with a light grey/beige sweater (from my trip to the art museum) but I decided to go with the baby blue and olive jacket because honestly, the blue made me feel like an Easter egg and now that Christmas is over, I’m ready for spring.
Here are all the links for each part of my outfit!
// Jacket //
// Shirt // (it’s actually not for sale anymore, except in plus sizes [here] but these [ 1 , 2 ]are similar enough, it doesn’t really matter. And depending on the weather around you, you can get the long sleeves/short sleeves or whatever you want, it’s your money I’m not going to tell you what to do with it.)
// Skirt (it’s the same skirt, I swear, I just took the belt out because I wasn’t feeling it) //
// Necklace //
// Bracelets //
// Shoes // (similar)
// Socks //
You know, sometimes, stuff isn’t for sale anymore. And it sucks. I feel really bad for making outfits with clothes that aren’t available anymore. But, when I say “close enough”, I’m not being super lazy, it just doesn’t matter if you have the exact piece that I’m wearing. I’m not a Kardashian, it’s not that big of a deal and if wearing a pink crop top makes you feel like an Easter egg and you don’t want to wear a blue one, GO FOR IT. If you want to wear this entire outfit in black, who am I to stop you? I don’t want you to feel like you’re limited to the exact clothes I or any other blogger wear. I want you to know it’s okay to experiment with random clothes and it’s okay to drift from the norm. Sorry that was so deep, but wear whatever clothes you want, it’s your body and you can dress it the way you want.
This past weekend I decided to throw my first fondue party after being inspired by FoodNetwork’s Snapchat story, weeks ago.
First rule of throwing a fondue party-
- It’s ALWAYS a potluck style party. If you don’t know what potluck means, it means each person brings a dish or some type of food to share with everyone else. This ends up saving a lot of money because when you throw a fondue party, you need dippers to dip in whatever fondue you have (duh.) and buying 10 separate items can get a little costly so spreading the wealth among friends makes life a whole lot easier. Whatever they bring doesn’t have to be big, a box of Oreos or a bag of marshmallows will suffice.
- Second rule, always BORROW a fondue pot. I asked my grandma for one, I said, “Grandma, do you happen to have a fondue pot I could borrow for this weekend, pretty please?”. She said, “Yes, I think I have one in the basement.” My lovely grandmother proceeds to pull out a TOTE BIN of 8+ fondue pots. I didn’t expect her to have one, let alone enough to feed a small village. Just ask a friend or two (or your grandma) if they have one for you to borrow for the night, and if not, they have cheap ones at retailers like Target or Walmart.
I decided to throw a solely chocolate fondue party, just because the variety of dippers I’d have to have to accommodate chocolate AND cheese fondue was too much. Pizza bites and taquitos sufficed for appetizers, and surprisingly it wasn’t a problem I didn’t have “real food”.
For dippers I went with:
- Pineapple chunks (from a can, this isn’t the White House)
- Apples (Green? I don’t know how specific you want this)
- Pretzel Rods
- Angel Food Cake
- Wafer Sticks
- Vanilla Wafers
- Cape Cod Kettle Chips
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Chips Ahoy! Chewy
- Donut Holes
I hosted a party of about 9 people and it was PLENTY food. I had to bag the leftover cookies for our neighbors (p.s. GREAT way to get rid of food you don’t want!) Here’s the recipe for the Chocolate Fondue
Total Time: 25 min
Makes: 3 or 3.5 cups
2 cups heavy whipping cream
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt chocolate in double boiler. (If you don’t know what a double boiler is, it’s when you put a pot of water on the stove and put a bowl that’s BIGGER than the rim of the pot and you melt the chocolate in the bowl over the steam coming from the boiling water. It helps to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.) If you didn’t understand my description, Google it.
Once chocolate is melted, slowly stir in the cream. Not all at once. Slowly. Keep stirring until all the chocolate and cream is combined. BOOM! You’re done!
For hosting the actual party, I suggest making your fondue about an hour to an hour and a half before the party and prepping all the food before hand. I set the table up the night before and since the guests brought most the ingredients, just set out bowls for them once they got there. I got almost all my dishes and bowls at DollarTree except the Santa Belt bowls which I got at Michaels. I set up two fondue pots on opposite sides of the table just to avoid spills and people reaching over the table, and it seemed to work out fantastic. ***Number one recommended tip: Use a table cloth!!! All of your friends could live in palaces or the White House or something fancy but SPILLS always happen. Always. Just use a cheap plastic cloth from the Dollar Store, it might not look the best but at the end of the day you can just scoop up the trash and throw it away. Throwing a fondue party is one of the easiest parties you can throw and this guide makes it so much easier.
In retrospect, it would’ve been much smarter to post this first but whatever I’m posting it now. I don’t have a lot of things to say and I have given myself the goal of FIFTY, FIFTY different facts about myself, to put in this post. Here we go:
- I have a dog. She’s new. (Ish.) Her name is Bacardi (yes, like the rum, yes, my mom is okay with it.) I honestly have no clue what breed she is but she looks like a German Pinscher, but I think that name is really ugly so I just say she’s a Rottweiler (that’s what the shelter told us) even though she’s 35 pounds of pure love.
- Dang, number one was really big. Okay, I also have two cats but they’re at my Dad’s house so I don’t get to see them as much as I’d like.
- Their names are Simba and Rajah and they’re Bengal cats (it’s pretty cool)
- I’m lactose intolerant but that doesn’t stop me from eating pizza…or quesadillas…or milk…or ice-cream…oops.
- I want to be a model and I think I can do it.
- I want to live in New York City and have a cute little apartment with me and my dog and my clothes.
- I love clothes.
- I LOVE THE KARDASHIANS. I AM A DIE HARD KARDASHIAN FAN. I WILL LOVE ALL OF THEM UNTIL THE DAY I DIE.
- Kim is my mom but Kendall is my role model.
- I like to take a little advice from each of them.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. I start decorating November 1st.
- I (sort of) speak Spanish (Okay, I’m in Spanish 3, alright?)
- My dog is the cutest thing in the world and I love her with my whole heart.
- I’ve moved 5 times in my life but never out of the same county.
- I live 15 minutes from Washington D.C. and I’ve never gone inside the White House or any of the things people travel thousands of miles to do.
- I eat avocados like it’s my job.
- On toast.
- In salads.
- My best friend moved to Oklahoma and my heart broke. (But it’s chill, we FaceTime all the time and she’s fantastic)
- I hate Virginia.
- Everyone else loves Virginia.
- Not me, no sir. I mean, having all four seasons is great but…come on…NoVA…do better.
- Half of these aren’t even facts.
- I don’t understand Chinese Checkers.
- I am a Feminist.
- If you own a Meninist shirt, block me on every social media PLEASE and get off my website.
- I’m 15 years old but I feel like an infant on the DL.
- I watch the Snapchat stories from Tastemade, Cosmopolitan, Buzzfeed, yeah all those. I watch them.
- I’m sad I didn’t go to a pumpkin patch this year.
- I have a very specific bucket list.
- I’ll post that too.
- I love dresses.
- I wish I had more, better quality shoes but $$$
- I dream of Chanel bags.
- I like accessorizing basics, rather than having a few great pieces in my closet.
- Which I guess is what most people do…
- I am definitely NOT always stylish at school. I try. So hard. But some days I can’t peel myself out of bed and put on a quality outfit. I just isn’t going to happen.
- THAT BEING SAID, I love love love rompers. Not like short rompers, I mean like jumpsuits, take-it-all-off-to-pee outfits. Not like business-y rompers. I mean fleece, long sleeve rompers. I love them because they’re SO versatile. You can layer them, dress them up, dress them down, whatever you want. And you’ll always feel like a toddler.
- Much like how I like taking fashion breaks (I know, it’s wrong,) I like taking makeup breaks. For the most part, I love eyeshadow and foundation and all that jazz everyday, but sometimes you just gotta let your skin breathe.
- I also love @AcaciaBrinley
- Every time I order something online, I forget to check the dimensions so I have quite a few purses I thought were going to be MUCH smaller…
- I have a little brother, Nick.
- He’s okay, I guess.
- I’d like to have LiaSkye rolling by June 2016
- My birthday is June 23rd.
- I can get my license September 23rd, 2016 and I’m pumped
- I’m a great driver. (Not according to my mom, though)
- I love Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Kaia Gerber, but most importantly, I love myself.